torsdag 6 juni 2013

...

Här är bilderna från mitt grad party. & även slutet av mitt tal som jag höll igår inför Rotary.

I was thinking of having a lot of pictures of my friends and host families… but decided to just stick with this one. Cause this is a perfect explanation of how my exchange year has been. Crazy! Fun, sad, cool, hard, interesting, different & absolutely amazing. And one of the reasons for this are my fantastic friends. I was sure I was gonna get friends, but not become as close with my friends as I have. It’s a fantastic thing. But also hard, cause now I have some of my very best friends, living in another part of the world. And every time the thought pops up in my head, that I’m not gonna have them there everyday anymore, I tear up. Every single time. It’s a very, very weird feeling. I love them, but as we often say… maybe a little too much, cause oh, its gonna be so hard to say goodbye to each other. They’ve taught and helped me with so many things. Always been there for me. And they’ve made me laugh until I cry, at least a thousand times.
Some other people who’s taught and helped me with a lot of things are my host parents. The fact that you opened up your homes for me, and let me take a part of your lives, means so much. I’ll be forever thankful. And how you’ve helped me with all the times I’ve been sick. You’ve always been supportive and helpful too, if I’ve needed help with something. I now not only have parents in Sweden, but also parents in America.
Terri… my extra mom. You’ve done so much for me, and always been there for me! You’re the best counselor anybody could ever imagine! You are such an amazing person.
And my other extra parents… Eric & Kari, you’ve also always been there for me. And now you’re about to open up your home for me for the rest of my time here.
A huge thank you to all of you, for who you are, and for everything you’ve done for me.
So what have I learned? What has this taught me? I wish all of you could see the huge change in me, but the only people I think really sees it, are me and my parents. As a lot of you often get surprised by, I used to be the most shy and quiet girl. Not outgoing at all. I was afraid of talking to new people, and I had the worst self confidence you could ever imagine. Very, very bad. I also dealed with depression. So when I suggested doing an exchange year, everybody was shocked! But here I am, and I did it! This year really saved me. Cause I changed the same day as I sat on the plane here. I remember, I told myself; I better kick myself in the butt now, because this is my exchange year, and MY responsibility to make this an amazing year. And I did it! I’m now a forward and kind of outgoing person. I love to talk to new people, and I actually kind of enjoy speaking in front of a bigger group of people. My bad self confidence is still there… but it has improved tremendously. If I 2 years ago would have looked at myself in the future, I would never, ever believe what I saw. But, too bad for the old Emilia! Cause here I am, the new Emilia. I came as a teenager, and I’m going home as a young woman. I’ve grown as a human. And this would not have been possible without anyone of you in this room. So I am forever thankful for the fact that you opened up your arms for me. That you let me live here in Winona for a year, and that you let me into your lives. I feel so blessed. Taking the decision of going on this exchange year is the best decision I will ever have made.

Is leaving gonna be hard? Oh yes. If you only knew the bittersweet feeling I have. Actually, I’m a lot more sad than happy about going home. In fact, the other day my mom asked me “Emilia… is this normal? Is it normal to be like this? Like, are all the exchange students like that? So sad about going home?” Haha. And who knows, maybe, maybe not. But I guess that’s a good thing. Because that means I’ve had an absolutely fantastic year.

Once again, thank you so much for everything you all have done for me. And as I try to tell myself everyday “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
Thank you. 





























Det va denna bilden jag pratade om i talet :)




















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar